FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7.0.3 Log and Transfer, Sony FS 700 cam, random clips not showing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Zirin
FCP 7.0.3 Log and Transfer, Sony FS 700 cam, random clips not showing
on Jun 24, 2013 at 8:10:45 pm

Hi I've searched for a couple of days on this and can't find the right answer, hopefully someone here has an idea that could lead to a solution.

I am trying to transcode media from the Sony FS 700 camera into Final Cut. Log and Transfer shows like 95% of the clips from the card, but for some reason there are random clips that are not showing up with media...

In the log and transfer window, it shows the clip number, but there is no thumbnail, no timecode (just shows (00:00:00:00) and no preview when i try and select it.

When I pull the clips into 5D to RGB the information is there and I'm able to transcode into ProRes and that works just fine. But I'd like to work through log and transfer because I'm working with documentary type footage and like the ability to mark ins and outs on the clips and just transcode portions rather than the whole shot like 5dtoRGB does.

At first I thought it could possibly be a framerate or playback issue but there is no consistency there. On this particular card i'm referencing (it's doing it a little on all the cards I have) there are about 8 clips out of about 130 that aren't coming through. when i transcode those 7 clips with 5dtoRGB and check the clip info, there are no consistencies with framerate. Some are 24, some are 60, some playback at normal speed and some slo mo etc.

I also thought that perhaps they could be spanning clips. Where the clip starts on one file, then spans to another file because of the length. But when i sequenced out the clips that transcode from L&T and 5DtoRGB in order, they are not continuous and are in fact separate shots.

In L&T, the format of the shots say AVCHD(null) and it's all empty except for the clip number.

Is anyone heard of/ experienced this issue? Anyone have an idea of how to proceed to get these clips to be recognized by L&T? This is happening on multiple cards not just one if that helps. Could it be a setting on the camera (i'm not the one shooting)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My computer specs

Macbook Pro 2.2 i7
Mountain Lion 10.8.2
Final Cut Pro 7.0.3

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Tan Wei Ting
Re: FCP 7.0.3 Log and Transfer, Sony FS 700 cam, random clips not showing
on Sep 28, 2013 at 9:46:21 am

Hi Michael,

I am currently facing the same situation as you using FS700 and the log & transfer window. However, in my case, the problems seems to apply mostly on those clips shot at high frame rate, meant for slow-mo.

Wondering if you have solved the situation?

Return to posts index

Michael Zirin
on Sep 28, 2013 at 4:42:58 pm

I don't have the project on me to reference exactly what I did but I don't think I was able to solve it. I believe I used the work-around of transcoding the entire clip(s) in 5DtoRGB. I'll see about pulling up the project next week and looking into it and post what I did. If you figure it out let me know :)

Good luck!

Return to posts index

Tan Wei Ting
on Oct 4, 2013 at 6:00:39 am

Hi Michael. In the end I used adobe media encoder to transcode the clip into prores.. It seems to work! But would be a trouble if you have too many clips, but in my case I only had some clips with that problem so it was fine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]