FORUMS: list search recent posts

tweaking my 2009 Mac pro for FCP 3

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson May
tweaking my 2009 Mac pro for FCP 3
on Jun 21, 2013 at 10:09:49 pm

I haven't been editing for about 3-4 years and am starting to get back into it. I have an early 2009 2.23Ghz 8 core MAC Pro with 6GM RAM. I am also using my internal esata drives for speed.

When I work with 720 and 1080 I get the dropped frames error, sometimes only with the video and sound. It gets a little worse if I add supers, etc. I turned off unlimited RT and even turned off the audio waveforms.

Is there anything I can do to play back my video in real time? I have never tried prores yet, but should I trancode to 4:2:2 then back out to 720 or 1080?

I am also shooting with an HVX200 and try to use p and pn while recording to lower my data stream.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

MBP 2.4GHz 4MB RAM, 30"cine, MAC PRO 2.6 8 core 6GB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 7. Pro Tools 8, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: tweaking my 2009 Mac pro for FCP 3
on Jun 21, 2013 at 10:22:18 pm

[Nelson May] "When I work with 720 and 1080 I get the dropped frames error, sometimes only with the video and sound."

What formats of video are you working with? Besides the DVCPRO HD from the P2 camera, that should be easy as pie to cut. One of the lightest, easiest HD codec out there. WOrks natively in FCP.

What sort of hard drive are you storing this media?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]