FORUMS: list search recent posts

No video playback from AJA Kona LHe after FCP reinstall

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Collin Kriner
No video playback from AJA Kona LHe after FCP reinstall
on Jun 21, 2013 at 8:18:13 pm

Hi all,

I recently re-installed Final Cut 7 on a Mac Pro at work, but am now having issues with the video playing back through the AJA KonaLHe to a television. I've been running trial and error on the Audio/Video settings in Final Cut as well as the Kona Control Panel, but to no avail. I tried trashing the Final Cut preferences, and restoring old ones, but that doesn't seem to help either.

If I run quicktimes through the AJA TV app, the television plays back fine. Likewise, if I set the Default Video Output in the Control Panel to either bars or Macintosh Desktop, that shows up. I'm getting audio out from the Final Cut sequence, and if I hit View > External Video > Show Current, I get a single frame.

All roads seem to point to an issue with the A/V settings, but I can't seem to find the right combination. Settings on a similar machine here that works are as follows:

Sequence Preset: AJA Kona LH: 1080psf 23.98 Apple ProRes 422
Capture Preset: AJA Kona LH: 1080psf 23.98 Apple ProRes 422
Device Control Preset: AJA Kona LH: 29.97 Sony VTR B
Video Playback: AJA KonaLH 1080psf23.98 10 Bit (1920 x 1080)
Audio Playback: AJA KonaLH

Aside from testing all the countless combinations of settings, I'm sort of at a loss. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Collin

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: No video playback from AJA Kona LHe after FCP reinstall
on Jun 21, 2013 at 10:23:55 pm

Try the 1080i 29.97 10 bit video playback option. The Kona will convert the 23.98 to play out as 29.97. I say this because there are many TVs that won't display 1080psf 23.98.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Collin Kriner
on Jun 21, 2013 at 11:22:49 pm

Thanks Shane,

Turns out after re-installing Final Cut, you also need to un-install all AJA software, run Final Cut once, then re-install the Kona driver, AJA ControlPanel, etc. After doing all this, video played back fine on the television.

Collin

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 22, 2013 at 12:03:11 am

Sorry, I assumed you did all that.

COOL!

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>