FORUMS: list search recent posts

ICM Multipass text file

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trevor Hands
ICM Multipass text file
on Jun 21, 2013 at 5:53:47 pm

I have been looking all over for answers to this and while they scratch the surface, I've not been able to find a solution to this ICM Multipass text file that's written to my temporary file on my local hard drive.

I'm using Mac OS X and Final Cut Pro 7 (I know - it's old, I've got a new computer coming).

I have a 3 hour long event that a client is wanting a copy of in it's entirety.

I did a 2 hour show earlier and that file was like 60 GB.

But I am finding that even though I have everything set to another hard drive with PLENTY of GBs of space (300GB) - it still is writing a HUGE text file to my local hard drive which has 60 GB of space and it takes the hard drive space all up then stops my export process and then deletes that file and frees my hard drive back up but I'm not able to export this because that cycle keeps happening.

I could break it up into chunks if worse comes to worse, but I really would prefer NOT to do that.

SO - any suggestions on how to move this ICM Multipass file to another drive? Do I need to move my temp file to another drive and if so, how would I do that.

I'm trying to export it with a single-pass encode this time and see if that does anything, but I'd like to finally find a solution to this!

Thanks,

Trevor

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: ICM Multipass text file
on Jun 24, 2013 at 1:11:00 am

i dont know about those files, but....

how are you doing the export?
(and what format is your media & FCP sequence? ProRes, one hopes, or at least NOT h264)

recommended is to export from FCP as a QuickTIme movie, then compress that to a deliverable format.

nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]