FORUMS: list search recent posts

Juddering problem on export

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Omer Ozcan
Juddering problem on export
on Jun 21, 2013 at 2:14:54 pm

Hello,

I am editing a tv show about traffic with full of moving plans. They shoot it as sd-pal with a sony xdcam in AVI format(i dont know why). I captured footage via log and transfer and done editing.

I worked on a dv-pal-lower sequence(i actually let fcp to fit settings for footage.) so now the export is heavily juddering. i used lots of methods to get rid of it like trying upper sequence, export with different codecs(apple prores, dvcpro etc.) but it didnt resolve.

the weird thing is it is juddering on some plans but clear with others which are shooted at the same day.

i am working on a 21 inch imac, fcp 7.

can you help me pls, is there a solution for this?

ps: i tried also flicker filter, shift fields, recapturing etc.

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: Juddering problem on export
on Jun 24, 2013 at 1:15:56 am

where are you seeing the judder?
on a TV?

it REALLY helps if you can hook your iMac up to a TV as well, so you can spot the problems at the source.

if it really is a field based issue, the only advice i could possibly give without seeing it would be to take your export, and de-iterlace the whole thing.

or put your final sequence into another sequence, thereby nesting it, and apply de-interlace to the nest

Nattress Smart de-interlace is the best for use within FCP

nick

Return to posts index

Omer Ozcan
Re: Juddering problem on export
on Jun 24, 2013 at 2:07:19 pm

Hey Nick,

thank you for your reply. ─░ncidently, i found out that fcp adds Shift Field filter some of my clips. (i used hd and sd together). ─░ deleted filters and it seems ok now. I dont have a ref monitor when i am working but i checked it somewhere else and it is not juddering anymore.

do you think i need Shift Field filter after all?

thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]