FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 Files with Mountain Lion 10.8.4

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeffrey Hochmuth
FCP 7 Files with Mountain Lion 10.8.4
on Jun 18, 2013 at 9:22:15 pm

Ok. So I currently run 10.6.8 on my editing suite with Final Cut Pro 7. I need to upgrade to 10.8.4, I understand FCP 7 is still supported by 10.8.4 but will any of my old FCP project files that I created in 10.6.8 be effected when I upgrade my operating system to 10.8.4??

It would be devastating to lose all my FCP client projects because I upgraded to 10.8.4....But I need to get CS6, and it will not install without mountain lion!

Apple could not help me with this question because they no longer sell FCP 7 and they have never tested this, hoping some editors out there have!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP 7 Files with Mountain Lion 10.8.4
on Jun 18, 2013 at 10:26:40 pm

[Jeffrey Hochmuth] "will any of my old FCP project files that I created in 10.6.8 be effected when I upgrade my operating system to 10.8.4??"

Yes. Nothing changes. The version of the OS doesn't make a project file that worked in one version of the software, no longer work in that same version. The software itself might have issues, but it isn't the project file or software at fault, it's how that software works in the new OS. The project file will open fine.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Hochmuth
on Jun 19, 2013 at 12:45:26 pm

Thank you Shane!

Return to posts index

Nan Bress
on Sep 9, 2013 at 6:15:15 pm

However, I big problem is that you cannot search and find any FCP 7 projects on Mountain Lion 10.8.4

I'm not as organized as I should be with where I store old FCP projects, and always could do a search for " .fcp" and pull up everything. Now the search function totally omits anything from FCP 7. Anyone know a work around for this? Right now I've misplaced a current file I called "HP Aug.FCP" and it is worse than a needle in a haystack to find it with OS search options. Any third party option to find files by file name or partial file name?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]