FORUMS: list search recent posts

Use FCP 7 on latest MAC OS?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kent Beeson
Use FCP 7 on latest MAC OS?
on Jun 18, 2013 at 5:48:42 pm

Updating to latest MAC OS 10.8 - wondered will I still be able to use all Final Cut Studio 3 software, or how best to ensure can use?

Using Mac Pro early 2008, 2 x 3GHz Quad-core XEON, 12GB RAM, ATI 5770 card.

Thanks
K

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Use FCP 7 on latest MAC OS?
on Jun 18, 2013 at 9:14:48 pm

If you can help it...don't. It works for some, but not for others. It isn't consistent. Officially, FCP is not supported on that OS, meaning they didn't bug test things either way, nor fix anything. If this is your main edit machine, and you rely on FCP to earn a living...IMHO, don't do it. Stick with the working system.

If you MUST...first clone your hard drive, your working system, then update. If things don't work, you can always restore the cloned system.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Kent Beeson
on Jun 18, 2013 at 9:21:00 pm

OK, thanks for thoughts...main concern was can FC Studio 3 even be "read" by latest OS, was it even possible...

but I know there is a risk, just was wondering if can do it, then how and anything special have to do or just install OS and FC STUDIO 3 will work...wonder - any video tutorials out there that might show how to?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 18, 2013 at 10:06:17 pm

You can update your OS around the app...you can install the OS fresh and then install FCS. Either way works. No hack needed, not like for FCP 6.

No idea about tutorials.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]