FORUMS: list search recent posts

Moving Completed sound from 24fps sequence, matching to 29.97fps sequence...Is there an easy solution??

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Gould
Moving Completed sound from 24fps sequence, matching to 29.97fps sequence...Is there an easy solution??
on Jun 18, 2013 at 1:05:52 am

Hello all!

So here's the problem. I was given a picture locked 3D animation edit with full-fleged sound design in a FCP sequence that runs at 24fps. The lead editor on the project found out this morning that his project was supposed to be at 29.97fps so he went ahead and re-transcoded all of his files to 29.97, made a new sequence for them and laid them back into the timeline.

Now, there are no problems with this part of the process, however, there are approximately 44 audio tracks filled with heavy sound design that no longer match up to the original edit. Yes, I can go back and match everything up by hand, but that's really my last resort..Not to say I won't do it if I have to.

That all being said, anyone have any ideas? I'm currently exploring what I can do with Cinema Tools, perhaps making an Audio EDL, or maybe bring it into ProTools, or...any ideas?

Just to clarify, I am working with animation, and there is NO synced dialogue and I am not having a typical sync issue that can be simply fixed with a pullup or pulldown, but this is a problem with the COMPLETED sound design, and conforming it to match up from my 24fps sequence to my new 29.97fps sequence...phEw!

Any help or ideas would be a great help. Thanks!!

Peter G

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Moving Completed sound from 24fps sequence, matching to 29.97fps sequence...Is there an easy solution??
on Jun 18, 2013 at 12:52:36 pm

Have a look to this;
http://library.creativecow.net/lyon_matt/fixing-fcp-assets/1
rafael

Return to posts index

Peter Gould
Re: Moving Completed sound from 24fps sequence, matching to 29.97fps sequence...Is there an easy solution??
on Jun 18, 2013 at 7:55:03 pm

Thanks Rafael!

Though, that wasn't quite the issue I was dealing with, but I managed to figure it out.

The problem was taking 40 audio tracks from one 24fps sequence and copying it to a new, 29.97fps sequence and having it match up the same way. I found a solution though that required a few steps.

1st I made a Cinema Tools Database for the project. I used that database to export Audio EDLs for Cinema Tools which allowed me to export only 4 tracks at a time. Upon exporting the Audio EDLs I made sure my sequence settings were at 24fps (the frame rate of the sequence I'm copying from) and saved the EDL. I then did that with the rest of the 40 audio tracks and anded up with about 10 Audio EDL files.

After creating the Audio EDLs using Cinema Tools, I then Imported them back into FCP and upon that import I selected the settings for ProRes422LT @ 29.97fps bringing the audio files into a new sequence, this time sitting in a 29.97fps sequence in the proper location and with the proper timing.

I laid all of the audio tracks back into the 29.97 video sequence and everything seemed to line up nicely. Quite a runaround, but I think it's the best way to do it besides going in by hand and making adjustments to each sound. I also may have been able to make the adjustment in ProTools, but at our company we do EVERYTHING, including sound design, inside of FCP since we're constantly updating shots and timing and never come to a picture lock until the final export.

Hope this helps anyone who has a similar problem, and maybe there's a better way to do it, I would love to know if there is.

Thanks guys!

-Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]