FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Studio Pro Dual Layer: 2 Questions concerning break point and button not activating the target video

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Hauschultz
DVD Studio Pro Dual Layer: 2 Questions concerning break point and button not activating the target video
on Jun 14, 2013 at 11:35:51 pm

I asked this in an Apple forum, but don't have an answer. Yet.

Sigh. I am creating a dual layer DVD. 5 segments each 30 minutes long. I have two questions

1) will DVDSP4 automatically assign the first 3 videos to the first layer and the last 2 videos to the second layer? Will DVDSP4 create the break point so that the DVD's two divisions contain 3 videos and two videos? I created a chapter marker in Compressor at the end of video 3 just in case that provides the break point needed by DVDSP4.

2) I have created a menu page. It is an imported asset...a jpeg. I have created 5 buttons to correspond to the five videos. The first play is the menu.

I imported as an asset my own button graphic (jpeg) which I dragged into the button areas. I assigned each button to the appropriate target, leaving the button states untouched for each button. The end jump is back to the menu. When I click on each button, the correct target video appears in the viewer. But it does not play.

I've avoided asking this forum for help because I've been trying to dig through the many tutorials and google choice on my own.

I've failed.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Alexander Kallas
Re: DVD Studio Pro Dual Layer: 2 Questions concerning break point and button not activating the target video
on Jun 15, 2013 at 11:15:48 am

This belongs on the DVDSP forum, but your idea on how to do this is totally incorrect.
Please read up on how to make a double-layer DVD, and on menus and buttons.

Cheers
Alexander

Return to posts index

Jim Hauschultz
Re: DVD Studio Pro Dual Layer: 2 Questions concerning break point and button not activating the target video
on Jun 15, 2013 at 2:41:07 pm

I'm sorry, Alexander. When I logged in and clicked on the Forums tab, my choices, at least on my web page, don't include a DVDSP form. So I picked the closest...the FCP forum.

As to be 'totally incorrect', I sort of knew that. I took the chance that by presenting what I did I could demonstrate my confusion and lack of experience. Really, I'm just looking to pointed in the right direction so that I can discover how to fix this. Do you have any specific ideas that can help, or someone else who might at least give me a direction? I've been through the manual. I've been through Larry Jordan and Ken Stone. I've listened to Youtubes and listened to Dan Allen. The three options above this box offer to move this question to Apple FCPX or Not, Apple Final Cut Pro Basics, and FCPX Techiniques forum.

I'd like not to poke and hope but to go to the correct place where someone might take a moment for an answer.

Can you do that?

Return to posts index

Jim Hauschultz
on Jun 15, 2013 at 3:51:55 pm

Alexander, an editor I know explained how to find the real list of forums. Didn't take a minute. I'll take my question there.

Return to posts index

Alexander Kallas
on Jun 16, 2013 at 5:54:36 am

Your original question covers too many interconnected topics. I'm really trying to help, try the manual again, and read without going ahead until you have digested what you have covered.
Your basic knowledge of this stuff is insufficient to get you an acceptable result.

Cheers
Alexander

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]