FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP to AVID using Automatic Duck problem. No Video!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Beazley
FCP to AVID using Automatic Duck problem. No Video!
on Jun 14, 2013 at 5:50:56 pm

Hi, I'm in desperate need of some help! I'm trying to migrate a FCP project to AVID using Ext Linked Files.
Every time I export using AD plugin on FCP, it exports the audio but says there's a fatal error when transcoding
the video footage, and has discarded it. I have no idea why it's doing this, or how to fix it. I've tried lots
of different settings on AD.

I saw that one person on here mentioned that they needed to have AVID on their computer to make the export work.
I don't have AVID on my computer as I'm transferring it to be used on another system. Is that why it isn't exporting the
video files do you think?

I'm working from transcoding Pro Res files. The rushes, RED, are on another drive. Do I need that plugged in when I'm
exporting also?

Any help would help so much!

Thanks,
Dave.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP to AVID using Automatic Duck problem. No Video!
on Jun 15, 2013 at 5:29:42 am

If you don't have Avid Media Composer on your system, you need the Avid codecs at least.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/download/Avid-QuickTime-Codecs-LE-...

If you don't have Avid on your system, how are you using the Duck to convert? You need to export an AAF from Avid Media Composer, and then use the Duck in FCP to convert.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

David Beazley
on Jun 18, 2013 at 1:05:15 pm

Hi Shane, thanks so much for getting back to me. I did manage to export the project, although some video files didn't work for whatever reason. Weirdly the time codes were all at 0.00.00. Strange, not sure what those files are.

I'm giving the fcp project to an avid editor. It seems that AD doesn't support DNxHD36. I've got five hrs worth of rushes I need to get to him. I have done it at DV25 420 but those files are too small.

We shot at 25fps. Do you know of a way of getting a better quality export in-between the two? I tried DNxHD120 but the file sizes were way too big. 720p seems good, but that won't let me export at 25fps, only 23fps.

Any help would be amazing.

Thanks so much,
Dave.

Return to posts index

Olga Kourmouzi
on Sep 1, 2013 at 7:49:08 am

Hello.
I had the same problem because i don't have avid installed in my computer so i went to the adress you ve posted and downloaded the avid codecs you said.Then i managed to export my files through final cut with AD like you said but when the other editor took the exports and tried to open them in his computer with avid they didnt worked.Do you think the problem is that i dont have avid installed in my computer?what can i do?Where can i find avid media composer to dowlnoad for free and what should i do after i install it?
I would really need your help!
Thanks a lot in advance!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]