FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon M500 SD Card Camera...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Gutermuth
Canon M500 SD Card Camera...
on Jun 14, 2013 at 12:21:35 am

Hi All,

I found an easy way to make my HDV footage SD in FCP...

just create a new 720x480 DV sequence, and copy and paste the whole project in the new sequence....

Yeah, I have to render it, but I find that it looks perfect! at least it does with my Tape HDV cameras.... BUT

I was doing a 2 cam with my new M500, and the footage looked perfect in HD, but when I tried doing this trick, anytime I cut to that shot, the playback looked almost like it was dropping frames!

I converted the files in Toast instead of doing them in FCP, so hopefully, that will solve the problem... people hate tape, but I really still like it - Esp the price points - show me a new camera that can do everything the XL-H1 camera can, for under 10K, and I'll eat my hat lol

anyways, anyone use Bitvices Scaler? - I love their Mp2 software, but just wondering....

Still making DVD's.....

Thanks

Rob Gutermuth
Media Creations

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Canon M500 SD Card Camera...
on Jun 14, 2013 at 1:21:53 pm

[Rob Gutermuth] "I really still like it - Esp the price points - show me a new camera that can do everything the XL-H1 camera can, for under 10K, and I'll eat my hat lol"
Where have you been the last 5 years?
Today any top of the line consumers camcorder yields better quality than the Canon HL-H1.
And for just a bit more, you are almost ready for Hollywood:
http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicproductioncamera4k.

About your downscaling issues, you may try to set the sequence codec Prores instead of DV, and check "Render in High Precision" and "Render Motion Effects BEST". That will help with the downscaling.
Compressor with the "Frame Control ON" and Rescaling filter BEST, will do a better job.
Keep away from Toast for this kind of tasks. Toast is to toast.
The Bitvice scaler that comes integrated in Video Purifier is good.
rafael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]