FORUMS: list search recent posts

convert fcp 23.98 sequence to a 29.97 sequence

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Dougherty
convert fcp 23.98 sequence to a 29.97 sequence
on Jun 13, 2013 at 10:11:35 pm

Posting this for a good friend)

I'm hoping for an easy fix to a big stupid problem I have worked myself into.... not THAT big, just a pain in the butt.

I edit these ten minute pieces - mini docs really - for the national broadcast.
I use FCP 7.03
Two pieces I'm woking on now, almost finished.
Turns out, the timelines got started with the wrong timebase. (23.98)
I deliver XDCamHD 1080i60 and most of the original footage is 1080i60. (29.97)
It won't do to just keep editing in the 23.98 and export and convert back to 29.97 - the result jumps too much with any frame movement.
Is there any way to convert my fcp 23.98 sequence to a 29.97 sequence.?
If I just copy the contents of the 23.98 sequence and paste into the 29.97 sequence the edit points and the audio level nodes all get shifted enough to make it almost useless.

If you have a solution for this it could save me several (at least) of frustration.
In the mean time I'm going to dig in and just start adjusting my copied sequence.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: convert fcp 23.98 sequence to a 29.97 sequence
on Jun 13, 2013 at 10:24:37 pm

[Paul Dougherty] "If I just copy the contents of the 23.98 sequence and paste into the 29.97 sequence the edit points and the audio level nodes all get shifted enough to make it almost useless."

Sorry, that is the only option to fix this. And then you need to fix all those gaps.

The moment you see ANY color render bar when you edit, that's a clue that something isn't right. Look for those...they will tell you "oops, wrong setting" and you can fix it before you get stuck like you are now.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: convert fcp 23.98 sequence to a 29.97 sequence
on Jun 14, 2013 at 1:29:00 pm

There's no mention of the source footage's frame rate. It makes a big difference. For example, 60i footage in a 23.976 timeline will look really bad and cause all kinds of image motion problems from the get-go.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]