FORUMS: list search recent posts

Time Machine says FCPX already exists, but it doesn't. Restore does not work

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hans Douma
Time Machine says FCPX already exists, but it doesn't. Restore does not work
on Jun 11, 2013 at 11:41:52 am

Hi all,

A very mysterious thing, at least to me, happened today.

I tried to restore the FCPX Trial app from Time Capsule to the Applications folder. The app was not present in that folder at the time of the restore, at least I didn't see it there. So it is very strange the Time Machine restore gave a message saying an app with the same name (Final Cut Pro Trial) already exists in the location it wanted to restore the backup to. Anyway, I picked the option to replace the existing app and it started off copying. Second surprise: after copying Final Cut Pro Trial was NOT in the Applications folder

Is this just a bug in Time Machine or is there some hidden version of FCPX Trial in the Applications folder ? Is this maybe a protection against using the trial forever ? Did any of you experience something similar ?

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Time Machine says FCPX already exists, but it doesn't. Restore does not work
on Jun 11, 2013 at 12:41:00 pm

Download TinkerTool (free) and enable "Show Hidden Files". See what lurks in your Applications folder

Return to posts index

Hans Douma
Re: Time Machine says FCPX already exists, but it doesn't. Restore does not work
on Jun 11, 2013 at 7:23:22 pm

Thanks for the suggestion but, no, there is nothing there that could explain what is going on.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]