FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a standard transition for this?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Irene Driessen
Is there a standard transition for this?
on Jun 10, 2013 at 1:30:33 pm

Hi friends,

I'm trying to find something for which I can't seem to find a proper description in Google, hope you can help.

I have already been editing and found out that I can make this by hand by adjusting motion and size on individual clips, but since I'll have to produce 12 items with each about 40 of these transitions, I thought I should ask for your advice first :)

What I want to make is this:

First there's clip 1, let's say a speaker. Then this clip becomes smaller and slides to the left half of the screen in the middle, and at the same time clip 2, let's say their presentation, appears, also 50%. This exists for a few seconds and then clip 2 from the right becomes larger and slides over the rest of the image.

Is there a standard transition to do this? I wouldn't mind spending a few bucks on it either, since I need so many of them. Also, if this is not possible in FCP7 but is possible in FCPX: that would be fine too.

Hope you can help...

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Is there a standard transition for this?
on Jun 10, 2013 at 1:50:33 pm

You have a number of 3-D transitions available in FCP 7 if you go to EFFECTS> VIDEO TRANSITIONS; under 3-D, Quicktime, and "slide": maybe one of those will work?

Return to posts index

Irene Driessen
on Jun 10, 2013 at 2:02:01 pm

Hi Mark,

I tried those, some are close but what I need would be a combination of slide, resize and wipe. However, thanks for thinking with me.

Irene

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jun 10, 2013 at 5:28:46 pm

If one is "close", you always have the option of customizing it then re-saving it for repeated use. You just mess with the keyframes, moving, cutting and pasting them.

Return to posts index

Irene Driessen
on Jun 10, 2013 at 7:30:08 pm

The thing is, several of them each have a component, but what I need is a mix of 5 or 6... I'm not that transition-building-savvy, I'm afraid :).

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jun 10, 2013 at 11:47:52 pm

I want to try and help you. Can you sketch out some simple drawings of what you want it to do/look like, and post them here?

Return to posts index

Irene Driessen
on Jun 11, 2013 at 7:31:30 am

That's very kind of you, here are some screendumps of the transition I made manually (I hope this works):

Here's the first clip.

First clip slides to the left half (arrow) and resizes to 50% width, meanwhile second clip dissolves in:

First and second clip co-exist:

Second clip gets larger to 100% and slides in from right (arrow), meanwhile first clip dissolves to background:

Second clip is at 100%, end of transition

Does this clarify the description enough?

As you can see, it is perfectly doable manually, but maybe not for 500+ transitions ;)
So any ideas (a faster method of copying this process is already better than doing it completely manually) would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jun 11, 2013 at 4:11:46 pm

So, why can't you save the transition you made in this demo as a custom transition and apply it globally to all the cut points?

Return to posts index

Irene Driessen
on Jun 12, 2013 at 4:49:02 am

I wouldn't know how to do that, it is not a transiton: these are two tracks on top of each other where the track properties change - is it at all possible to save that as a generic transition? That would be great!

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Jun 12, 2013 at 2:46:13 pm

[Irene Driessen] " Also, if this is not possible in FCP7 but is possible in FCPX: that would be fine too."

I'm not a FCPX user but with X you can create a transition like this in Motion then "publish" it as an effect to be used in X. Go to the "FCPX Techniques" forum (not the "FCPX Debate" forum) and someone will walk you through it.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Irene Driessen
on Jun 13, 2013 at 8:17:49 am

Thanks for your suggestion, it seems for this project I will switch to FCPX anyway and got an excellent suggestion below for a plugin that might just do the trick!

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Jun 12, 2013 at 3:42:08 pm

If you are able to use FCP X here is a free effect that should be able to do everything you want (and a bit more):

http://tokyo-uk.com/fcpxeffects/pipfree.html

You will need to have FxFactory and you can download the effect from there.

Hope that helps.

Simon Ubsdell
http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Return to posts index

Irene Driessen
on Jun 13, 2013 at 8:09:16 am

Yes! I am able to use FCPX and Yes! this looks like something that would work. Thanks!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]