FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 - Brightness and Contrast filter problems.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jason cockcroft
FCP7 - Brightness and Contrast filter problems.
on Jun 10, 2013 at 8:42:34 am

Hi guys, I wonder if anyone can help me. I'm working on three short films (1-3 mins long) of me drawing stats and cartoons on a whiteboard. I've edited the individual clips of all three by speeding up the few hours drawing by 800-1000 % to condense it down, then added transitions, etc, but no filters. I want to bump up the contrast and brightness. I've added the Brightness and Contrast filter to all the clips of the first film and it works well, but when I add the exact same filter with the same modifications (Brightness - 3, Contrast - 26) to all the clips of the two remaining films I get random frames of adjusted colour. This is evident before rendering and after. One frame will be cyan coloured, the other a little blue, the next just as I want it. Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: FCP7 - Brightness and Contrast filter problems.
on Jun 11, 2013 at 12:31:47 am

Strange rendering can happen with filters when graphics cards are not powerful enough but it depends on the filters. FX plugins are more GPU intensive.

If they are old legacy filters then that may be an issue. Personally I would use the 3 way Color Corrector to adjust the gamma and brightness. I haven't had render problems with those FCP filters.

Return to posts index

jason cockcroft
Re: FCP7 - Brightness and Contrast filter problems.
on Jun 11, 2013 at 9:23:24 am

Hi Michael, thanks for this - and thanks for the explanation. I tried 3-Way Color Corrector and it looks fine now. I appreciate your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]