FORUMS: list search recent posts

Another playback issue thread.. (No 1080p on desktop monitor)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johan Windh
Another playback issue thread.. (No 1080p on desktop monitor)
on Jun 7, 2013 at 1:39:55 pm

Hi all..

Working in FCP 7 and having some issues..

I have some 1080p material, working in ProRes 422 HQ. On this work station there's no external reference monitor, only two ASUS desktop monitors.

I have video playback set to Digital Cinema Desktop Preview, but the material is only shown as 720p...

I have AJA-presets in my list (this computer used to have an AJA-monitor hooked up to it) and changing to 1080p at 25fps and 10 Bit color depth gives me a nice 1080p live preview in of my FCP timeline BUT the audio laggs in that case....

Any ideas on this?

Kind Regards,

Johan

Return to posts index

Matthew Sonnenfeld
Re: Another playback issue thread.. (No 1080p on desktop monitor)
on Jun 7, 2013 at 4:24:43 pm

Have you checked your sequence settings? Make sure that your sequence matches your material otherwise the output is probably referring to your sequence and not your material. You have External Video set to full screen right checked that All Frames is on?

I would avoid using the AJA options if you do not have the AJA installed to run it. That's probably the problem with your audio lag. Stick to default playing options. Do your best to match sequence and output settings to your material.

Blackmagic Cinema Camera, RED Scarlet-X, Panasonic HPX170, Canon 7D
2011 Macbook Pro 17", 2.3 Ghz Quad Core, 16GB RAM
AJA IoXT
Adobe Production Premium CS6, Avid Symphony 6, Final Cut Pro Studio 3
The College of William and Mary

Return to posts index

Johan Windh
Re: Another playback issue thread.. (No 1080p on desktop monitor)
on Jun 10, 2013 at 8:35:43 am

Hi Matthew.

Thanx..

I did check my Seq. sets and after changing Field Dominance to "Upper", I got a clean, full-res image.

Strange.. How come it wants to have "upper", when the footage is progressive? It's 25p!

Yep, tha audio-lag was AJA-related. Strange thing that the 10bit setting sometimes made the image to go full res again.

Anyway, thank you!

Kind Regards,

Johan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]