FORUMS: list search recent posts

5D mk3 at 60fps won't play in slomo in Final Cut X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ian Clampett
5D mk3 at 60fps won't play in slomo in Final Cut X
on Jun 4, 2013 at 11:52:35 pm

I imported my footage into FCX & checked the optimize media box as well. Somehow, when I play that 5D footage, it is still in real time. I have looked at project properties & some other info, which does show that it's 59.94, but how do I get it to play slomo?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: 5D mk3 at 60fps won't play in slomo in Final Cut X
on Jun 5, 2013 at 12:00:12 am

First off, this is the FCP Legacy forum...for us FCP 7 and earlier holdouts. Click on the FCP X Techniques link at the top of the forum for the FCX forum.

But let me ask...is this 1080i60 footage? or 720p60 footage? or 1080p60 footage? Where did it comes from?

1080i60...runs at 30fps. The "i" means INTERLACED, and there are two fields per second, so 60i means 60 interlaced fields...30fps. It's very typical for cameras to shoot 1080i60. 720p60 is 60 actual frames per second, as is 1080p60...but very few cameras shoot 1080p60. That's why I ask, where does the footage come from?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

James Cude
on Jun 5, 2013 at 3:26:03 pm

Use the Retiming control. The little clock to the top right of the timeline.

Return to posts index

Nicholas Zimmerman
on Jun 8, 2013 at 7:51:57 am

Select the "Retime" menu between the Enhancement Menu and Filters Menu and choose "Conform Speed". So much easier than the old Cinema Tools trick.

I'm pretty sure this forum says "Apple Final Cut Pro" which last time I checked was at version 10.0.8 not 7.0.3. As somebody that's worked about 40 hours a week in FCP since 2006, it's a bit maddening to see so little respect for a program that's come such a long way. Sure, I was pissed after the release, but by 10.0.3 everything was either back in or had a decent workaround. Yes, you have to learn something new, but the general consensus I've found is that aside from a few learning/growing pains, the new way is faster, more efficient, and less prone to preference deleting / library trashing / 12 hour render / hair pulling madness.

I'm sorry Shane, this isn't directed at you, it's a general issue with the post industries' aversion to change. The new FCP is doing what FCP has always done, it's making the establishment guys uncomfortable. It's doing now to Legacy/Premiere guys what it did ten years 13 years ago to Avid guys. It's once again making people say, "Well then why the hell did I pay 10 times more for this?"

Rant over, no hard feelings. Can we please have a Final Cut Pro Legacy forum now, so that the living software can take it's rightful, and hard earned place?

--------------------------
Avid MC, PPro CS6, FCP7 - wasting away on my SSD.
I just can't quit X.
--------------------------

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 8, 2013 at 12:31:21 pm

This is the Legacy forum (although I vote for "Legend").

There's an FCPX Techniques forum for FCPX related questions: http://forums.creativecow.net/fcpxtechnique

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]