FORUMS: list search recent posts

ProRes HQ File Problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harrison Gruber
ProRes HQ File Problem
on Jun 4, 2013 at 11:35:55 pm

Hi Everyone!

So I am creating a reel for someone and it's destined to be projected in a movie theater for an awards ceremony. I was provided with the source material for the reel but all the files are ProRes HQ which FCP 7 doesn't like because when I Import the files it gives me this message:

"The following media files are no optimized for Final Cut Pro. It is highly recommended that you either recapture the media or use the Media Manager to create new copies of the files to improve their performance for the multi-stream playback".

I have no idea what steps to take next because I've never used media manager. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: ProRes HQ File Problem
on Jun 4, 2013 at 11:57:52 pm

You might be able to ignore that message and just edit. Throw the first clip into the sequence, click YES when it asks to match settings. Sometimes when files are encoded to ProRes by an outside app, they aren't done exactly like FCP wants, but they often still work.

What are the settings for these files? Dimensions....frame rate...stuff like that.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Harrison Gruber
on Jun 5, 2013 at 12:00:12 am

Hi Shane! Thanks so much for responding and helping!
So it's 1920x1080/23.98/pixel aspect: square/data rate: 20.2 MB/sec

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 5, 2013 at 12:02:24 am

Sounds fine. Drop it in and go. I get this a lot when I use MPEG STREAMCLIP to convert footage.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jun 5, 2013 at 12:33:41 am

Do you get a render bar? If I see this the first thing I do it go to remove attributes and tick motion, distort opacity etc. This often resets whatever is wrong in the metadata. Nothing changes but as Shane says, outside encoders may not have properly set some data and this can reset it.

Return to posts index

Harrison Gruber
on Jun 5, 2013 at 12:39:27 am

Thanks so much. It works. (And no render bar)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]