FORUMS: list search recent posts

Correct me if I'm wrong: there is no way to listen to only 1 of 2 audio tracks in the viewer. you can only isolate in the timeline.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
Correct me if I'm wrong: there is no way to listen to only 1 of 2 audio tracks in the viewer. you can only isolate in the timeline.
on Jun 4, 2013 at 1:45:58 pm

I'm previewing audio and i only want to listen to one track of a pair. As i understand it, i can only isolate one of a stereo pair if it's on the timeline.

am i wrong? god, i hope im wrong. but i fear im right.

im using FCP7

Return to posts index

John Street
Re: Correct me if I'm wrong: there is no way to listen to only 1 of 2 audio tracks in the viewer. you can only isolate in the timeline.
on Jun 4, 2013 at 2:09:24 pm

Hi,

If you're source audio has been imported as two mono (instead of 1 stereo) then the viewer will show you a tab for each of the two mono channels ... then you can set the level of the channel you DON'T want to hear to zero, effectively soloing the other track.

js

--
John Street
http://www.inpoint.tv
Mac OS 10.6.7, FCS 7.0.3, QT 7.6.6, Mac Pro 2x3GHz Quad-Core, 16GB Ram

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: Correct me if I'm wrong: there is no way to listen to only 1 of 2 audio tracks in the viewer. you can only isolate in the timeline.
on Jun 5, 2013 at 3:57:33 am

and even that is almost more trouble than it's worth!

with stereo, no, you can only solo a track in the timeline.

nick

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Jun 5, 2013 at 1:17:38 pm

Just open the audio mixer window, load your clip into the viewer and turn off the tracks you don't want to listen to in the mixer window. Very simple!

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]