FORUMS: list search recent posts

Storage Solution

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matta Roushdy
Storage Solution
on Jun 3, 2013 at 4:03:40 pm

Hello Everyone, i need help in something i need a storage solution for HD video Editing Pro Res 422HQ, We Have 7 units Mac pro in the same place and 2 another unite but in another place far away from first place so what is the Best and Cheaper.

some one told me about this solution "Roke Data" but i think it will be so Expensive. Thanks for your opinions

Matta Roushdy

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Storage Solution
on Jun 3, 2013 at 5:57:45 pm

Do you need the 7 machines to connect to the same shared storage? One large storage as a central hub? If so, you are looking at spending a bit of money, as you need to buy the storage, a server (computer) and distribution hub. Small Tree Communications has decent, inexpensive solutions (relative to other shared storage options). Know that it isn't as cheap as just buying a large RAID and then connecting it to one computer. There's more cost involved, because it's video storage that mutiple machines need to be able to play back simultaneously.

As for the remote stations...they will have to have separate storage connected to their system, with duplicates of all the media.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]