FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re-sizeing the video

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Alpaugh
Re-sizeing the video
on Jun 2, 2013 at 1:45:57 am

How do I resize my clips to fit the TV safe zone in the sequence window so as not to lose any portion of the clip that falls outside the safe zone.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Re-sizeing the video
on Jun 2, 2013 at 4:49:21 am

You want to shrink the image to only fill the TV safe zone? Or, your clips is a lot smaller than TV safe, and you want to make it bigger?

Your footage should really fill the screen, out to the sides and corners. The TV safe zone really is only for old tube TVs, because HDTVs TV safe zone is much closer to the edge. And what it is used for is to make sure that the action you want to be seen falls within the area that most people can see. But really, your image should fill the screen.

Why doesn't it normally? If it doesn't, it means you aren't using sequence settings that match your footage settings.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Daniel Soekov
Re: Re-sizeing the video
on Jun 5, 2013 at 4:38:57 am

I agree with Shane...

But if for some reason you do need to resize or stretch the video like for instance if your video is the wrong size due to mixing multiple formats in one sequence;
Then the easiest way is to double click on the video when it's on the timeline and then select the 'motion' tab in the 'viewer' window. Then play with the 'Basic motion' (scale) and 'distort' tools (aspect ratio) until it looks the way you like.

Dan Soekov

Sydney Based Lighting Cameraman / Editor
http://danielsoekov.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]