FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 - Editing from a project from a new hard drive/location

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Cooper
FCP 7 - Editing from a project from a new hard drive/location
on May 31, 2013 at 8:32:45 pm

Hi this is my first time posting in a forum so excuse any noobness that spews out here. But here goes.

So I edited a project where I had all the rushes saved onto my macbook. I was running out of memory on my mac so upon completion I decided to save the entire project onto my hard drive, scratch disks, rushes and sounds everything was all put onto the hard drive.
I have just booted up the project from my hard drive and it made me reconnect all the rushes to the correct file location of my hard drive. So I reconnected them all, I then had to render the whole project and upon the completion of the render now all the clips on my timeline need reconnecting still.

Does anybody have any ideas for me?

Peace & Love
Cooper

Return to posts index

Larry Chadwick
Re: FCP 7 - Editing from a project from a new hard drive/location
on May 31, 2013 at 11:11:34 pm

You may need to select the offline media in your timeline, right click and choose reconnect media.. Yes you have to go through the reconnection process. Seems odd i know but I've had this issue before where I've re linked media in the project, but it didnt ripple into the associated sequences. Try a few clips first, but it should work.

Larry Chadwick
Video/Finishing Editor
Pluto Post
hellopluto.com
larrychadwick.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]