FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aligning Clips to their respective Quicktime Timecode Position

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dominik Blöchl
Aligning Clips to their respective Quicktime Timecode Position
on May 30, 2013 at 10:04:35 am

Hi everybody,

i've got a "Timecode" related question which I haven't exactly found anywhere on the web.

We're shooting a music-video with a Canon 5d Mark III (with 25 fps). An iPod serves as playback device whereas on the left channel we've got the music-track (which goes to a boom-box) and on the right channel we've got audio-timecode recorded through the mic-input on the camera.

All the files are wedged through VideoToolShed's "LTCconvert" (ex FCP Aux TC reader) to convert the audio-timecode into Quicktime-Timecode. (http://www.videotoolshed.com/products).

So far everything work's excellent! When the files are imported into Final Cut Pro X (Trial - yes I'm still unsure) the timecode positions are perfectly displayed in the "Event Library" (Start / End columns).

Even when doing a "Multicam-Clip" (Angle Clip Ordering: Timecode, Angle Sync: Timecode), the clips are positioned correctly. But this gives me chaos when ordering all the clips at once.

NOW - MISTERY COMING UP:

QUESTION 1: When I select a timecoded clip in the event-library (e.g. starting at position 01:01:38:00), right-click and select "Open in Timeline" it appears at the exact desired position on the timeline. But here I'm lost. I probably don't understand the concept of Final Cut X.

HOW CAN I now just click through different events and throw them one after the other onto the timeline at the right timecode positions slowly filling the project?

Also an option would be great when you select a clip and press: "Move to original timecode position".

QUESTION 2: Anybody know of this in Final Cut 7? Any better chances on timecode comfort?

QUESTION 3: And the ultimate question: Any chance by now to use Quicktime Timecode in Sony Vegas 12?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thank you very much.

Dominik Blöchl
http://www.fruitbowl.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]