FORUMS: list search recent posts

relinking merged clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Dougherty
relinking merged clips
on May 29, 2013 at 2:32:23 pm

I did a post last night*about the same issue but believe this subject name is a better fit. Is there anything special I need to know about relinking a merged clip? (FCP 7)

After getting some error messages like this

"Some attributes of one or more files you have chosen do not match the attributes of the original"
(that make no sense since the video part of the merged clip is a perfect match to the proRes file I'm directing it to)

If I persist in doing the Reconnect to Media, I can link the clip but it forgets about the "good" audio part of the merged clip and relinks a&v to the ProRes file, strange because the audio part never went off-line.

btw the problem clip was one of 6 and the only one that present any problems, workflow with other would seem to be identical. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Paul

* "there are no clips selected that have files associated with them"

Return to posts index

Paul Dougherty
Re: relinking merged clips
on May 29, 2013 at 2:36:43 pm

One part of my original post I should have included was this, on launching the moved project FCP reports media off-line. When I direct it to reconnect to missing media I get this message "there are no clips selected that have files associated with them" why would that happen?

Paul

Return to posts index

Paul Dougherty
Re: relinking merged clips
on May 29, 2013 at 2:58:41 pm

Possible clue… I didn't think I still had the original ProRes video file (in its native state) in the proj that went into the Merged Clip. (Maybe that's a given but I had thought the video clip got subsumed into the Merged Clip.) I am able to relink to the original ProRes video file but that did not make the merged slip, sub clips made from it or seq made from them come on-line.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]