FORUMS: list search recent posts

C300, MXF file problems, this is a weird one!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cristine Cardenas
C300, MXF file problems, this is a weird one!
on May 29, 2013 at 12:08:55 am

Hey guys,

So I've been scouring the internet looking for a solution to a transcoding problem involving a C300 and MXF file problem. I was given a hard drive with files on it, and the files were definitely dragged in improperly. They were missing the CONTENTS folder. As many people have gotten, I got the "unsupported media or invalid directory structure" message. So I rebuilt the folder structure to [NAME] -> CONTENTS ->CLIPS001. This worked for CLIPS001 and I was able to transcode using Log & Transfer. I did the same thing for CLIPS002 but it won't read that folder at all. The index file is in there, it's in a CONTENTS folder but it won't read my files. I get the same error message as before the rebuild. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions/want to tell me it's over (haha)?

Thanks guys.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: C300, MXF file problems, this is a weird one!
on May 29, 2013 at 1:22:16 am

Make sure that the name has no symbols in it. !@#$%^&*()><:?"

Does the file structure you created...and all the subfolders...look exaclty like the first card?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Cristine Cardenas
on May 29, 2013 at 6:01:25 pm

Yes it does. I've tried different variations (it's been backed up a million times). I tried moving the CLIPS002 folder into the same CONTENTS folder as CLIPS001 (the working folder) but it still only picked up the files from CLIPS001. I've tried putting them separate folders with separate CONTENTS and all of that but matching exactly the same... It's extremely frustrating.

I looked into using XFCPX but the quality isn't as great as it should be. I'm assuming that program usually experiences a quality hit? It would also be a shame not being able to work from the metadata.

Return to posts index

Eve Soh
on May 29, 2013 at 4:17:09 am

I've had this same problem before.

I also experimented with the same thing as you, and had the same issue. (But that was a year ago)
What I remember is that the CLIPS001 < doesn't necessarily need to follow the video folder number. It followed something else.

Try messing around with the numbers you may have luck,

I forgot exactly what number it was for mine, but you may wanna try looking at the first or last clip number inside your video folder.

-Eve

Return to posts index

Cristine Cardenas
on May 29, 2013 at 6:02:25 pm

Interesting. I hadn't changed any of the folder names except for adding them into CONTENTS folders. I will make yet another duplicate and try that.

Return to posts index

Eve Soh
on May 30, 2013 at 1:47:57 am

Or maybe a good way is if you have any other transfers done previously with that txt file you can check them out to see what the number was?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]