FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to get .MTS files into FCP 6 from a hard drive (the card has already been erased)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andy tolbert
How to get .MTS files into FCP 6 from a hard drive (the card has already been erased)
on May 28, 2013 at 1:15:28 pm

Someone mentioned log and transfer to me but I believe that only works with a reader (right?)and the card has already been wiped.
Do i need to get software? Toast v 11? something like that? I know streamclip won't do it. Need to get these in ASAP.

Thanks

AT

Return to posts index

Eric Strand
Re: How to get .MTS files into FCP 6 from a hard drive (the card has already been erased)
on May 28, 2013 at 3:27:40 pm

Do you have the full structure of the card intact on the drive? If so you can still use L&T, just have to tell it to look on the drive. If not you can use ClipWrap, it rewraps or transcodes the clip, depending on what you choose.

http://www.divergentmedia.com/clipwrap

Return to posts index

andy tolbert
Re: How to get .MTS files into FCP 6 from a hard drive (the card has already been erased)
on May 28, 2013 at 5:13:14 pm

Thanks! No they just copied the .mts files but I will let them know for the future...and thanks for the clipwrap 411!

Return to posts index

Eric Strand
on May 28, 2013 at 5:54:11 pm

You're welcome.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on May 28, 2013 at 11:08:04 pm

You should always convert from the hard drive backup, not the cards when using L&T. If you have to recapture for any reason, it will be looking for the card, not the backup. So do the original L&T from that backup.

I always save the total card structure on two separate drives (both RAID 5) and do the L&T before erasing cards.

Return to posts index

andy tolbert
on May 29, 2013 at 12:15:40 am

Thanks so much. You and Eric have really helped me out here.

AT

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]