FORUMS: list search recent posts

1080i to 720p for Digital Signage?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Campbell
1080i to 720p for Digital Signage?
on May 21, 2013 at 4:41:42 pm

All I have is the finished ProRes Master, 1080i29.97. Stepping through shows 3 clean frames and 2 interlaced comb-like frames (showing the fields). I need to down convert this bad boy to 720p30, or should I go p60, to meet the vendor specs. With 720p being a Progressive format, how should I go about it?
First attempt, converted this to progressive, but baked in the interlacing. It looks horrible. I've tried a few tests deinterlacing with Compressor and got decent results, but it looks like I now have a 4:1 cadence vs. new progressive frames for ever step through. I could also reverse telecine this, but that would then leave me with a 23.976 progressive file (i've tested and it worked), but I need 29.97 or 59.94 (60p).

Compressor's frame controls were tested with both Fast and Better for deinterlace and they look indentical and decent, but leave me with 4:1 cadence. 4 clean frame with 1 duplicate frame. Am I stuck with this? Is this okay for digital signage or is there a better way to get clean progressive frames? Playback on the 4:1 file looks fine. I can't tell a difference. Between that and my reverse telecined file @ 24p I made.

OSX 10.7.5 with a 3.39 Ghz Intel Core i7 on a built up Hackintosh
16 GB of RAM with OSX on SSD, (2) internal HDDs RAID'd 1 for project files and External RAID 5 for all project assets (media, GFX, stills, etc.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]