FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transcoding From a POwerpoint Embedded Media

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harrison Gruber
Transcoding From a POwerpoint Embedded Media
on May 20, 2013 at 11:51:48 pm

Hello All!

I am trying to place some videos embedded from a POwerpoint presentation into a FCP project.

The codec of the videos is
Linear PCM, Sorenson Video, Sprite, GIF

and I am transcoding them using MPEG STREAMCLIP to be ProRes 422.

In the process, I am losing some titles/annotations on the videos. Any ideas how to troubleshoot this issue?

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Transcoding From a POwerpoint Embedded Media
on May 21, 2013 at 12:35:06 pm

The preferred method would be to first export the media using the same program that created it: in this case it's PowerPoint. You can choose to display the individual slides then export each piece of media for use in your NLE. Sometimes not everything would export properly using earlier Mac versions of PowerPoint but more recent versions would probably work better. Exporting using a PC version is the best then transferr the results back to your Mac. You can try importing the PP show into Keynote and export from that but often things won't export properly because of the "Lost in Translation" issues. But at least Keynote will advise you when that happens. I haven't tried the latest versions of Keynote because I haven't needed to do this job for a couple of years. Using the Mac version of Sorensen Squeeze would also work the best to do the transcoding as well.

Hope this helps.

- Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Transcoding From a POwerpoint Embedded Media
on May 21, 2013 at 3:07:24 pm

Powerpoint counts on the target machine having all the same fonts as the originating machine. When the playing machine lacks an element, it tries to substitute something else "like" it, and this can goof up text files.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]