FORUMS: list search recent posts

change 720p to 1080p project settings in fcp7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Ruscheweyh
change 720p to 1080p project settings in fcp7
on May 20, 2013 at 12:06:58 pm

Using the good old fcp7 for cutting a vid with 5D footage something strange occurred. As per usual I let fcp adapt the sequence settings to the first file i dropped in and went on my editing mission.
Now I wanted to export the video (after days of cutting) and fcp is telling me that the sequence settings were set on 720p, with pro res 422 hq - but I compressed the original files into 1080p pro res 422 (not hq). Also the files in the bin are 1080p , pro res 422 - so I definitely dropped the right setting in the sequence...
When changing the sequence settings to 1080 p pro res 422, the clips within the sequence remain on 720p and thus stay small within the new 1080p window.

My Question: How do I change the sequence settings together with the clips, so that I have everything in 1080p pro res 422, without loosing any of my cuts?

I'd be really grateful if someone could help me with this, as my deadline for the project is very near and I don't have the time to re-edit...

Cheers,
Max

Return to posts index

Simon Modery
Re: change 720p to 1080p project settings in fcp7
on May 21, 2013 at 8:17:00 am

No problem. Just change the sequence settings as you did before.
The reason why the clips stay small is that they have a resize-filter on them. (Gets automatically applied if you cut footage in a timeline with a different resolution)
Highlight all your clips and right click on them. Select "Remove Filters" from the pop-up menu. Remove the resize filter and done!

Head of Postproduction
Motherlode

http://www.simonmodery.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]