FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP quitting (perian issue)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Neely
FCP quitting (perian issue)
on May 15, 2013 at 11:35:42 am

Hey Guys,

wanted to see if anyone else had encountered the problem I'm having.

CLient sent me some video files- some mp4, some mov, mostly Ogv. I used Bigasoft to convert them to quicktime (H264) and imported into FCP 7.

I can drag a clip into a sequence (seq matches clip settings) and edit with just that ONE Clip. But if I try to add multiple clips into the same sequence, FCP shows 'general error' repeatedly and occasionally FCP crashes with a note that there may be a conflict with 'Perian'

I have done the following--

-Trashed preferences
-verified Perian is in my system preferences
-verified I have enough HDD space

Any ideas? I'm running a Quad Core Intel 2.8 Xeon with 6gb ram on Snow Leopard. Thanks in advance.

rick

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP quitting (perian issue)
on May 15, 2013 at 4:58:34 pm

[Rick Neely] "I used Bigasoft to convert them to quicktime (H264) and imported into FCP 7."

*BUZZZZZZZZZ!!!*

H.264 is not an editing codec. FCP doesn't work well with it at all. You must convert to ProRes (or you can convert to DV50 if this is SD). There are too many things that can go wrong editing H.264...even if it looks like it might work.

Now...if FCP crashes due to a conflict with Perian...and you go "Yup, I have Perian..." it might be wise to REMOVE Perian. Since it is causing the conflict. Just saying....

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]