FORUMS: list search recent posts

Setting Audio Default on Log and Transfer to Stereo

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Woods
Setting Audio Default on Log and Transfer to Stereo
on May 14, 2013 at 3:39:11 pm

I was wondering if there was a way in FCP Log and Transfer to always have the audio set in Import Settings to Stereo instead of Mixed. Is there a way to make that a default in Log and Transfer?

Not sure if there is a setting to change this in FCP or is it a setting for the camera? The camera we use at work are P2s.

I have noticed with transfer from other cameras that use an SD card that the import settings are different and there is just a box checked labeled Audio Mixed Down to Stereo. That footage when I load it defaults to stereo, but not the footage from the P2.

Not sure if FCP made it for you can set a default for that. If anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks,
Chris

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
Re: Setting Audio Default on Log and Transfer to Stereo
on May 15, 2013 at 4:12:06 pm

Although it isn't a default condition, all you need to do to to make your tracks stereo pairs is click button as shown on channels 1&2.

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

Chris Woods
on May 16, 2013 at 12:45:33 am

Okay, thanks. That's what we do now. Just wanted to see if there was a way to keep it like that all the time for I didn't have to go in and change it.

I work at a news station and our photogs just started using the P2 cameras and when they log and transfer they are in a hurry and forget to switch that setting a lot and they were wondering if that could be set like that all the time.

Thanks,
Chris

Return to posts index

Dan Brearley
on Mar 11, 2014 at 4:14:29 pm

Hi Chris,

Did you find a solution to this annoying problem in the end!?

Return to posts index

Chris Woods
on Mar 11, 2014 at 4:44:13 pm

Yes, we figured out some way to deal with it. I believe you can't set it as a default, but if you highlight all the clips and select the audio adjustment it will change all the clips to that setting before capturing them into FCP. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dan Brearley
on Mar 11, 2014 at 5:06:22 pm

Great. I'll try that. Thanks Chris.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]