FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to make timeline audio files the same names as newly named audio files in Finder?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Masciari
How to make timeline audio files the same names as newly named audio files in Finder?
on May 13, 2013 at 6:55:48 pm

Hey all,

So I'm going to try and word this as accurately as I can. So I edited a project in FCP 7, and before I named files, due to time constraints, I edited the project. I now duplicated all of the audio files in the Finder and renamed them by shot, take, etc., but of course, this doesn't change the names of the files in the timeline. I want to be able to export an OMF for the sound editor using the newly named files (the shot, take, etc.) in the timeline. Is there a fast way to do this..relatively fast?

Best!

Sincerely,
Daniel

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: How to make timeline audio files the same names as newly named audio files in Finder?
on May 15, 2013 at 11:19:08 am

"I now duplicated all of the audio files in the Finder and renamed them by shot, take, etc., but of course, this doesn't change the names of the files in the timeline"

DUPLICATING the clips was a mistake

if you did not dupe he clips, the timeline instances of the clips would have followed your name changes
well, they SHOULD have if they had the proper master / affiliate relationship

"Is there a fast way to do this..relatively fast?"

start again.
as you have already made most decisions about what to call the clips,
doing it a second time should be a bit quicker

if you want to you can simplify the job by only working on the clips that are in the timeline.

i would advise you to COPY the edited sequence into a NEW PROJECT
select the sequence in het b rouser, and got TOOLS MENU > Create Master Clips.

this will give you just the used clips, plus the maser affiliate relationship would work.

nick

Return to posts index

Daniel Masciari
Re: How to make timeline audio files the same names as newly named audio files in Finder?
on May 15, 2013 at 4:17:52 pm

Nick,

thanks so much! This is very helpful. Have a great day!

Best,
Daniel

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]