FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mac-compatible DVD authoring software that can burn to dvd and add navigation/chapters

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Zabodal
Mac-compatible DVD authoring software that can burn to dvd and add navigation/chapters
on May 11, 2013 at 3:24:32 am

Hi,

I have just finished editing a movie in Final Cut Pro X on my Mac with OSX Version 10.6.8.

I need to add navigation/chapters so that the user can go straight to a particular part of the DVD. And then, of course, burn to DVD.

I was going to get Toast 11 Titanium but read some bad reviews on Amazon and elsewhere.

I went to this link:
mac-movie-dvd-burning-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

Toast scored well there but it's hard to trust just one review.

I need something reliable that I can burn to dvd and add navigation/chapters and preferably import own artwork for the title page.

Any suggestions from experienced users? Is Toast 11 Titanium as bad as the reviews lead me to believe? Have those problems been addressed by now?

Thanks & Regards,
Paul Zab

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Mac-compatible DVD authoring software that can burn to dvd and add navigation/chapters
on May 11, 2013 at 4:21:12 am

Toast has never pretended being an authoring application.
The two habitual options for DVD authoring on Mac are Apple's "DVD Studio Pro" and Adobe Encore.
I'm not sure if DVDSTP has been discontinued with FCP.
Encore has more options and allows to author BluRay too.
rafael

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: Mac-compatible DVD authoring software that can burn to dvd and add navigation/chapters
on May 12, 2013 at 3:11:53 pm

Just to add to Rafaels points which are totally correct, DVDSP is no longer available so unless you already have FCP Studio you cant buy it new.

Encore is probably the next best thing with comparable features and the ability to create BluRay. Although you will need to buy a BluRay burner. You could get this as a stand-alone app via Creative Cloud on a monthly subscription basis. Otherwise you will need the whole of Creative Suite.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

8 Core MacPro, Kona 3, Tangent Wave, Mackie Universal Symphony 6.5 FCP7
i7 2.7 Gig MBP (non retina) 16Gigs Ram Blackmagic Monitor Mini Symphony 6.5 FCP7

Return to posts index

Paul Zabodal
on May 15, 2013 at 12:00:14 am

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your input. I just made do with an iDVD 7 template for the moment but I think I'll get a second-hand copy of Final Cut Studio 2.

Cheers,
Paul Zab

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]