FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7.0.3 & FS700 transcoded clips get jumbled

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hanafi Mohd
FCP 7.0.3 & FS700 transcoded clips get jumbled
on May 9, 2013 at 6:07:05 am

Hi guys. Am having a weird issue with my footage from the FS700, which was captured via Log and Transfer on FCP 7.0.3, converted to Prores.

Sporadic clips would get jumbled up sometimes, e.g. originally Clip #3 would somehow become Clip #97, and these weird changes are reflected in Finder as well, i.e. when I preview or open Clip #3 in QT, it is playing back the footage of Clip #97.

This is frustrating as it seems to be happening at random, and sometimes when I restart Final Cut/eject and reconnect the hard drive/restart the Mac, the problem goes away, but sometimes it doesn't, and it's affecting my edit (since sometimes I don't notice when I'm pulling in an erroneous clip, and then I have media reconnect problems when the clips reset back to their original streams.)

Does anyone have a clue regarding this? I'm editing off a removable drive formatted on EXFAT, but I doubt that's the issue, since this project also contains DSLR footage that doesn't seem to have the same problems. Also, I'd asked around, and a friend had a similar problem as well with footage from the FS700, but hers wasn't as severe (only 1-2 clips, and it only occurred once)

Return to posts index

Hugh Swingle
Re: FCP 7.0.3 & FS700 transcoded clips get jumbled
on Dec 27, 2013 at 8:17:46 pm

I am having the same problem. Did you ever figure out a remedy?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]