FORUMS: list search recent posts

unexplained rendering and missing files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rowena Megan
unexplained rendering and missing files
on May 8, 2013 at 2:09:18 pm

I have duplicated a project with related event to a second external hard drive. Each time I open this project it wants to render, and takes about 4 hours to render. When it reached 100%, without editing further, I turned off my computer and the next day opened the project again and it wants to render again! This has happened repeatedly. Thoughts as to why? Also, when I duplicated this project, I got the 'Missing Files' red sign. I modified the event to the event on the new hard drive which solved most of the problem but there are still apparently 6 files offline from a missing event. I can't seem to find a way to quickly find out which files these are and reconnect them. They will only appear when the other hard drive is connected, and when it is not connected I cannot see what files they are, as there is a red square. So how am I to know which the file is to replace? Re-connecting doesn't seem to work. Thoughts? Many thanks

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: unexplained rendering and missing files
on May 8, 2013 at 11:23:14 pm

FCP is looking for the files from the drive you originally used.

I'm gonna guess you dragged and dropped the file on another drive. Use Media Manager to make a copy of your media.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Rowena Megan
on May 8, 2013 at 11:48:27 pm

Hiya, no, I didn't drag and drop anything. I created a duplicate project with referenced events. So the whole event was copied via FCPX. I have done this before and didn't have this weird rendering problem. It also doesn't explain why it gets to 100% and then when I re-open the project it starts to render all over again. Ideas??

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on May 9, 2013 at 7:28:19 pm

This is the Pre-FCP X forum. Ask your question in the FCP X forum. Workflow is totally different.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]