FORUMS: list search recent posts

Corrupted DSLR video file. Need repair

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grant Strac
Corrupted DSLR video file. Need repair
on May 6, 2013 at 8:19:56 pm

I need to repair a corrupted MOV (h.264 actually) file from a CF card. Two .mov files came over corrupt and one is 1.6gb and the other is 2.4gb. I tried treasured and I'm not sure if I should trust paying them and hoping its fixed. I tried bunch of other program no luck with finding out if it was worth purchasing.

A year or so ago I had this issue and I found a program that I was able to fix the file for free and it worked wonderfully. Anyone have program suggestions. Please just give me application suggestions! I'm in a bind.

Thanks for your time

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: Corrupted DSLR video file. Need repair
on May 6, 2013 at 11:20:55 pm

Hi Grant

http://www.grauonline.de/cmsimple2_6/en/?Solutions:HD_Video_Repair_Utility might be worth a look - not actually used it myself but someone told me about this a few weeks ago after fixing a corrupted GoPro file so I kept the link.

Hope it is useful - let me know - good luck, There is a demo mode that gives half size output so at least you can test.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

8 Core MacPro, Kona 3, Tangent Wave, Mackie Universal Symphony 6.5 FCP7
i7 2.7 Gig MBP (non retina) 16Gigs Ram Blackmagic Monitor Mini Symphony 6.5 FCP7

Return to posts index

Grant Strac
on May 6, 2013 at 11:23:42 pm

Oh man thanks so much for the input. I was actually just typing a response to my post a friend gave me a program tip.

Data Rescue 3 just saved my *&% !!!

It worked beautifully I had 5 corrupted files but they where short and thankfully it pulled all them and repaired it.

Anyone in this situation Data Rescue 3 or the above mentioned program.

Thanks for taking time to post!

Return to posts index

David Parkar
on Aug 12, 2013 at 5:08:15 pm

First I need to ask you whether it is Windows or Mac OS you are using. However, for both the operating systems, you can make use of Remo MOV repair tool to repair your corrupt MOV files. Though you can try the free applications, but I suggest you not to do this, as these may corrupt your file even further. The tool which I suggested here is paid software, but you can use its demo version just for a check.

Return to posts index

Dan Smith
on May 20, 2016 at 12:35:09 pm

Have you repaired it? That definitely sounds like video file corruption and needs a repair. Check if it can be repaired using a repair tool on your computer.

one tool that you can use...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]