FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to go about listing/reporting assets used

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Duncan
How to go about listing/reporting assets used
on May 6, 2013 at 4:41:10 pm

I've cut a 70 minute documentary that uses a lot (1000+?) of still photos and footage clips from a wide variety of sources. Now I need to list and create reports of all assets used and length to use for licensing and budgeting purposes.

Doing this manually would require a very long, tedious time to do.

Could someone please give me direction on what processes they've used to go about this? I thought I could export an EDL and use that but they come out incomplete, use only one video track (?), very difficult to read and don't export into spreadsheets for sorting and reporting.

I am really wondering why nobody has come up with a tool that does this without jumping through so many hoops. I read about one utility EDL-X but it isn't exactly designed for this purpose and only solves part of the challenge.

Or did I follow the wrong process at some point and get ahead of myself? How do other documentary makers control and report their assets?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: How to go about listing/reporting assets used
on May 6, 2013 at 5:12:45 pm

XML is more robust...and I SWEAR by this software. It's slick, and far cleaner than an EDL. SEQUENCE CLIP REPORTER:

http://assistedediting.intelligentassistance.com/SequenceClipReporter/

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Tom Duncan
Re: How to go about listing/reporting assets used
on May 6, 2013 at 7:06:41 pm

Shane, that is exactly what I was looking for. Been looking a long time for a solution, thank you thank you so much. Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]