FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP5 formatting issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Schatz
FCP5 formatting issue
on May 3, 2013 at 5:27:31 pm

I'm working in FCP5 and am editing a 3 camera project widescreen. One of my shots in the timeline suddenly went from widescreen to standard in the timeline. In other words, up through a certain number of clips it's showing as widescreen. Then from the next clip forward it's showing up in the canvas in standard format (all content squeezed to fit standard screen format). I think this is associated with a color correction I made on this shot. Can't figure out what I did. I did a good bit of cutting before noticing this so I don't want to undo to that point. I can fix the problem by pulling the last clip with proper formatting forward and re-doing all edits in that shot. But I'd really love to know the easy/right way to get the formatting back to widescreen.

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: FCP5 formatting issue
on May 4, 2013 at 11:19:21 pm

Hi Mark

Hope I am understanding your issue correctly, have you tried removing distort attributes ?
Right click on a clips that are incorrect, you can shift or option click more than one. Select remove attributes and uncheck distort. That should return everything to the correct aspect ratio.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

8 Core MacPro, Kona 3, Tangent Wave, Mackie Universal Symphony 6.5 FCP7
i7 2.7 Gig MBP (non retina) 16Gigs Ram Blackmagic Monitor Mini Symphony 6.5 FCP7

Return to posts index

Mark Schatz
on May 6, 2013 at 11:43:13 pm

Neil, I tried your suggestion but when I opened the remove attributes box the only attribute available to remove was filter (from when I did the color correction). I saw distort but it was not available to remove. Any other suggestions? -Mark

Return to posts index

Mark Schatz
on May 8, 2013 at 6:17:06 pm

Neil, Success! If I just selected the clip with the incorrect frame size, the distort option was not available in the paste attributes box. However, when I selected and copied a clip with the correct frame size, then selected a clip with the incorrect frame size the distort attribute became available. I unchecked it and the clip returned to its correct format. Many thanks! -Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]