FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing in Prores and reconnecting to online MXF for color correction

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pedro Saboya Burgos
Editing in Prores and reconnecting to online MXF for color correction
on May 3, 2013 at 3:35:58 pm

Hi, I'm working as assistant editor and need to come up with the following workflow (or, if not, something that works well).

I'm receiving .mfx footage from the Canon C300, converting it to ProRes for editing in Final Cut Pro 7 (AVID is not an option here). When the footage is edited, I will send it for Color Correction on DaVinci Resolve.

Is there a way to reconect the original .mxf footage so I can send it to DaVinci? I'm aware that FCP does not work with .mxf, so how can I achieve that?

If I can't, what workflow is best for me?

Thanks!

Pedro Saboya Burgos
Assistant Video Editor
Video Editor

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Editing in Prores and reconnecting to online MXF for color correction
on May 4, 2013 at 1:34:47 am

How are you doing the conversion to ProRes. If you keep file names and timecode identical then you should be able to reconnect. Try a short test.

Da Vinci can look for matching files & timecode and ignore the file extension to reconnect so it should work as long as the conversion to ProRes doesn't change the name & t/code.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on May 4, 2013 at 4:15:29 am

Unless you have converted to Prores Proxy or LT, there is not any advantage on going back to the MXF files.
rafael

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on May 6, 2013 at 11:18:30 pm

[Rafael Amador] "there is not any advantage on going back to the MXF files.
rafael
"

Concur. The Canon codec is not much better than 8-bit XDCam, so you're just wasting time and space, and opening yourself up to small conform discrepancies. So if you do opt to try to re-connect, you are well advised to create a chase-conform and CHECK it against the Resolve timeline.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]