FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sending footage from FCP 7 to AE 5.5 for warp stabilization results in footage slowed down.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Kreisman
Sending footage from FCP 7 to AE 5.5 for warp stabilization results in footage slowed down.
on May 2, 2013 at 4:50:11 pm

I exported clips at 23.976 from FCP 7. Imported them into AE 5.5. Ran Warp Stabilizer to fix shake. Exported the clips individually at 23.976.

When I play them in Quicktime or in FCP 7 again, they are slowed down by about 25% despite the fact that I never touched Time Warp or anything along those lines.

My workflow:

Shot with 5D Mark 2 at 24p (23.976)
MPEGStreamClip conversion to ProRes 422 (LT)
Edited in FCP 7 using matched settings.
Wasn't satisfied with SmoothCam in FCP, exported clips to ProRes 422 (LT) using current settings, self-contained file.
Imported into AE.
Frame rate in AE is confirmed to be 23.976
Warp Stabilizer added.
Sent to Render Queue with ProRes 422 (LT) and same settings as composition.
Rendered
Brought back into FCP.

Viewing these rendered files I notice they are slower and can confirm this when reinserting them into my sequence in FCP 7.

Any ideas as to what might cause this or any other steps I need to take to alleviate this issue and make AE usable?

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Dave

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Sending footage from FCP 7 to AE 5.5 for warp stabilization results in footage slowed down.
on May 4, 2013 at 1:43:30 am

Might be worth asking this at the AE forum. I recently did the same with ProRes files from FCP7 @ 25fps into AE6, warp stabilize and back to FCP and no problem. It might be a bug with that frame rate and version of AE.

What does FCP think the frame rate is when the file comes back? If it doesn't get the right frame rate and the AE settings are right, then take the file into Cinema Tools and set the frame rate to 23.976 and then reimport into FCP. I am guessing there is a frame rate flagging error which can be reset by Cinema Tools. Note that Cinema Tools changes the file and this change is destructive to the original metadata so try it on a copy of the original file just in case.

Return to posts index

Dave Kreisman
Re: Sending footage from FCP 7 to AE 5.5 for warp stabilization results in footage slowed down.
on May 6, 2013 at 3:48:28 pm

Thanks for your response. I'll try the AE forum as well.

FCP sees the footage as 23.976 when it comes back from AE. At every step of the process, I've confirmed that each program sees, plays, imports and exports/renders at 23.976...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]