FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid 6.5 to FCP7 using Automatic Duck

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher White
Avid 6.5 to FCP7 using Automatic Duck
on May 2, 2013 at 3:18:28 pm

Hi, I'm trying to bring an Avid offline project (with its media) into FCP7 to online it and every time i tick the 'Use existing media' box in the Automatic Duck dialogue, I get an error message saying 'EditShare server access has failed.'

I've tried consolidating out of Avid using its Apple ProRes MXF option then using MXF Importer to get FCP to read the MXF files but this doesn't work either - i can't even manually relink the consolidated files in FCP.

Duck seems to work brilliantly when you don't need to bring the media with it, but this edit is rapidly turning into a nightmare!

Can anyone help?

Cheers,
Christopher White

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Avid 6.5 to FCP7 using Automatic Duck
on May 2, 2013 at 4:57:02 pm

If the media is offline quality, why do you need to bring it into FCP? Don't you need to reimport/recapture from the source at full res?

And the error is EditShare based...something to do with the server you are storing the media on. It isn't allowing the Duck access apparently.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Christopher White
on May 2, 2013 at 5:23:49 pm

hi, the edit has been pre-conformed in avid so is in high res already. The media is just on a client's FireWire drive, not a server - do you think moving it across to a different drive would help?

Thanks,

Chris

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 2, 2013 at 6:16:50 pm

If it's high res in the Avid...why are you bringing it over to FCP? Sorry, I know this isn't helping much, but I'm curious.

Read this guide and see if it helps. It mentions Editshare Universal Media.

http://www.automaticduck.com/user_guides/pifcp2/UserGuide.pdf

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Christopher White
on May 3, 2013 at 11:50:35 am

Hi, basically we're a Final Cut Pro based facility and we need to do some basic compositing and effects and our editors are more used to FCP systems. I didn't realise what trouble getting media over to FCP with Automatic Duck would be - looks like we'll be investing in some avid training :)

Thanks for your help,

Chris

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 3, 2013 at 2:21:01 pm

Export a DNxHD Quicktime from Avid. Bring that into FCP for final compositing. Convert to ProRes if needed.

But yeah, you do need to start looking ahead. FCP 7 was discontinued nearly 2 years ago.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Chris Devers
on May 31, 2013 at 4:30:54 pm

If you're still stuck with this, and it does seem like it could be a server issue, please get in touch with us at EditShare and we can try to offer advice. (We cannot provide tech support on Creative Cow, Twitter, Facebook, etc, but we’re happy to help with issues like this if you get in touch with us directly.)

--
Chris Devers
EditShare Tech Support
support ( at ) editshare • com
http://editshare.com
Twitter: @EditShare & @ESLightWorks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]