FORUMS: list search recent posts

Remote Access to FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Woods
Remote Access to FCP 7
on May 1, 2013 at 4:51:11 pm

I'm editing a video for a client and they asked if FCP has a live view or remote access. Instead of sending the file back and forth they were wondering if they can remote in and view my fcp project while I'm working on it to save time if I have to make changes.

I'm not sure if there is a setting in fcp 7 that does this or is this a setting for the MAC. I know there is a program called Remote Desktop (I believe that's the name) that can remote into another MAC as long as they have the IP address.

Just was wondering your thoughts. I'm working off of FCP 7 on OS 10.5 and a Power MAC Quad-Core Tower.

Thanks,
Chris Woods

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Remote Access to FCP 7
on May 1, 2013 at 5:24:43 pm

There is iCHAT THEATRE, that allows streaming of the Viewer and Canvas over iChat.

YOu can also SCREEN SHARE in iChat. But the video would be VERY choppy. Like 1 fps or maybe 2fps...possibly even 1 frame every 2 seconds....depending on the connection.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on May 1, 2013 at 8:09:43 pm

A cheap way to do this might be to set up a laptop with a remote webcam looking at the editing system's screen or the edit output monitor, and connecting via skype.

I said it was cheap; I didn't say it would be great. But, it would not tax any system resources on the editing system. You could refine the setup by jacking in a scan converter between the editing computer and its screen, and feed that scan converted view of the screen into skype as if it were a camera.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on May 1, 2013 at 10:18:06 pm

IChat Theatre is what you want to use if they want to make changes on the fly.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Chris Woods
on May 3, 2013 at 1:50:02 am

Thank you all. I'm going to use iChat Theater. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]