FORUMS: list search recent posts

L&T Canon C100 mono audio

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emma DeGraz
L&T Canon C100 mono audio
on Apr 30, 2013 at 9:07:46 pm

I just got a Canon C100 and I am using only one lavalier mic for all interviews so I have one channel of nice mic audio, and one channel of on board mic audio that I will eventually get rid of. When I log and transfer the footage into FCP7 there is no option under import settings to split the two channels of audio into dual mono channels. The footage I end up with in my browser is linked stereo pairs and I can't figure out a way to modify the master clip- only a way to unlink the audio once it is in the timeline, which will be a big pain to do individually. Is there a way to modify the master clip audio in the browser?

Return to posts index

Emma DeGraz
Re: L&T Canon C100 mono audio
on Apr 30, 2013 at 9:36:42 pm

So apparently AVCHD automatically mixes down on L&T no matter what, so I am thinking the best thing to do will be to edit away and once I have my timeline set, kill all the audio on track one for the whole timeline (track one is the onboard mic) and then change the pan of track two (the good mic) to 0. Any reason this isn't the optimal solution?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: L&T Canon C100 mono audio
on May 1, 2013 at 4:02:07 am

In L&T there is the little link icon next to te Audio channels similar to lg and capture. Link is tereo, unlinked is dual mono.

Used to be that in the bin you could right click on the audio field and choose stereo or A1,A2 but I think at some point that broke and quit working.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]