FORUMS: list search recent posts

General Error Message

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Antonio Atzei
General Error Message
on Apr 29, 2013 at 6:22:38 am

Dear all,

Before I go ahead just a general info re my system. Apple G5 QUAD AJA KONA LHe and Final Cut Pro V 6.0.6

I was trying to convert a HDV footage to .mov (not found) and then tried to convert the same footage by copy/paste into a new sequence with H.264 as ratio. And after rendering only the 3% I've received a general error message.

I'm a bit rusty that I know, and I've also searched into the database with no luck maybe because my search wasn't to narrow.

Forgive my memory loss... I know I must update to the new FCP version ASAP.

Thanking you in advance

Antonio Atzei

BABALOTTI PRODUCTIONS
SYDNEY
POWER MAC G5 QUAD SYSTEM
4.5GB RAM
1 TB OF MEMORY.
FCS 2
AJA KONA LHe

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: General Error Message
on Apr 29, 2013 at 7:59:02 am

[Antonio Atzei] "I was trying to convert a HDV footage to .mov (not found"

MOV is a container...like AVI and MXF. It can contain any number of codecs. It's like saying "I want to buy a car," but not saying what model of car. Ford Focus? VW Beetle? Honda Accord? So, when you say MOV, all you are really saying is QUICKTIME. What CODEC in that QT file? H.264 is one...ProRes, HDV (yes, there is an HDV QT Codec), MPEG-2? What are you trying to convert to? And for what reason?

[Antonio Atzei] "and then tried to convert the same footage by copy/paste into a new sequence with H.264 as ratio"

Ratio typically means dimensions. so 16:9, 4:3. Or 1920x1080, 1280x720. Those are ratios. H.264 is a codec...and not a good one to choose as a sequence setting. That's an aquisition and delivery codec, not an editing one. Not one that FCP works with anyway. That is a VERY poor choice.

If you captured HDV via firewire...then it is HDV Quickime. And that is something FCP works with fine...with no converting needed. So, why are you trying to convert it?

[Antonio Atzei] "I know I must update to the new FCP version ASAP."

Note that if you do that, you'll need a whole new computer, new capture card, and to relearn a whole new editing app. FCP-X is unlike FCP 6 many many ways. Just to warn you. a 30-day demo is available. But, as I said, you'll need a new computer. It work work on the one you currently have.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]