FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to use L&T tool with SONY PMW-150 footage?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sascha Engel
How to use L&T tool with SONY PMW-150 footage?
on Apr 28, 2013 at 5:13:49 pm

Hallo Everybody,

I just show material on the SONY PMW-150. Now, I wanted to Log&Transfer it into my FCP7.0.3 software and I had to realize, that the new 50Mbps 422 (not FAT formatted SxS card), is not recognized by the L&T Tool, but only by the external XDCAM Browser. Any chance to get the L&T transfer tool working inside FCP?
Thanx a lot for any advice.

Greetings,

Sascha Engel
TIME BANDITZ Productions
http://www.youtube.com/taikang

Return to posts index

Miriam Lefkowitz
Re: How to use L&T tool with SONY PMW-150 footage?
on Apr 28, 2013 at 6:20:01 pm

We have the PMW-500 and use the Sony legacy XDCAM Browser and Import Transfer software to download the SXS files and then bring the footage into FCP. I believe the new Content Browser skips a step and you can download the SXS files and import them directly into FCP. I don't know if it is possible to log and transfer directly from the SXS card into FCP.

This is the link to the sony xdcam software page.

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/micro-xdcam/resource.downloads.bbsccms-assets-...

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Apr 28, 2013 at 6:23:15 pm

I don't have to do it directly, I did already copy all tho the system HD. But I wonder, if I do it over the XDCAM Browser (where you do not have an option to chose in Preferences), how I can determine the import Codec (in L&T Tool I can choose between ProRes, ProRes LT and all the others). Is there a way, to also have that option when doing so over the external XDCAM Tools?

Thanx.

Sascha

Return to posts index

Miriam Lefkowitz
on Apr 28, 2013 at 6:48:43 pm

oh. I edit in the native codec. My guess is the Sony software does not conveniently let you pick an import codec. If they did it would be in the Import Transfer program which i use to wrap the files into a tidy MOV file for editing.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 28, 2013 at 6:54:01 pm

The Sony software only converts to native XDCAM. If you want it to be ProREs, you'll need to use the Media Manager to convert. Or Compressor.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]