FORUMS: list search recent posts

sequence settings

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nina baschi
sequence settings
on Apr 27, 2013 at 1:21:10 pm

hello!

I have a questions concerning my sequence setting on FCP7. so I shot my movie in HD 1920x1080i and I usually match the settings to that format when I drag the clips down, which also gives me square pixels. problem now is, I put all my scenes on a separate rough cut timeline, and this one turns out to have the wrong settings [HD 1440x1080} with same pixel aspect ratio. now if I change the format of the rough cut timeline, the clips appear square and if I check the anamorphic, its framed and needs to be rendered... also, if I copy the clips from the rough cut timeline to one with correct settings, it does the same...

so my question, how do I export the rough cut when its done? can I export it from the seq with the wrong settings or will I lose quality? is there a way to bring all the clips to a seq with corrects settings without messing them up...? I realise this might be a basic format understanding problem :}

thanks for any support!

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: sequence settings
on Apr 28, 2013 at 3:47:28 am

when working on a project, it can pay to establish the correct sort of sequence as your default.
you do that in the A/V settings,
and if your project requires a setting that isn't available, then you need to duplicate an existing setting and modify it.
(note: all the 24p sequence settings are actually 23.976 fps, so if you need true 24fps, then you have to create your own)

while you can rely on FCPs ability to adjust the sequence to match a clip's settings,
it wont work if you are copy / pasting a bunch of clips, as you found out.

anyway, the EASY thing to do is to make a new sequence, edit one of your clips in,
and say YES, you want the sequence settings to match the clip.
then get rid of that one clip, and paste your other timeline in.

thats only easy if you really are at the end of this job,
if it continues, just go into A/V settings and tick the appropriate box.

nick

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Apr 28, 2013 at 4:01:09 am

Here's the thing. All your clips had a distortion applied to them when they were edited into the "incorrect" 1440x1080. When you change that sequence to 1920x1080, the distortion doesn't change.

Do this. Change the sequence settings. Go to the bin and edit a clip into the sequence at the end so it doesn't affect your edit. You'll notice the clip looks correct. Copy the clip. Highlight all the other clips and paste attributes>distortion.

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Apr 28, 2013 at 4:05:10 am

or you could select all, and remove distortion,
but both these methods would affect clips that have deliberate distortion effects.

best is to copy into a sequence with the correct settings.

nick

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Apr 28, 2013 at 4:03:36 am

What you have to do is stop editing on a sequence with the wrong settings.
- Open a new sequence and conform to any clip of your footage, so settings will match.
- Select and copy all the stuff on the wrong sequence and paste on the new one.
- Select all the stuff you have pasted and "left-click > Remove Attributes: Basic Motion + Distort.
Things should match now.
rafael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]