Problem with FCP HD Project

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roohollah Ansari
Problem with FCP HD Project
on Apr 27, 2013 at 12:36:23 pm

Hi all:
I Have a Big Problem in FCP7. please help me:
I worked with HD1080p Footages from Sony EX3 XDCAMEX Camera.
I use "Log and Transfer" for import footages in my project. by default the compressor is : "XDCAM EX 1080P 35Mb/s VBR". I working with a Macpro 8core with 16 GB Ram & ATI 5770 Graphic card.
The problem is: the FCP crash and Drop out 1000 times!. the picture in master view window is going to white , the Video Effects crashed with green blink and FCP dropped out.
I was think maybe my OS has a bug (mountain lion). I moved down to Lion (10.7.5) , the problem still on!.
is it because CODEC ? please help!!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Problem with FCP HD Project
on Apr 28, 2013 at 4:15:21 am

Hi Roohollah,
There is an historic problem on running EX footage on Mac Pros.
I don't know why, but since the format was introduced they have been tons of complains on managing that codec in the big Mac Pros, while the same codec behaves flawlessly on MBP and iMacs.
The only thing I could suggest you is to try to optimize your system.
Repairing permissions and most of all rebuilding directories and fixing "Files Finder Info", with some application like DiskWarrior or TechTools.
rafael

Return to posts index

Roohollah Ansari
Re: Problem with FCP HD Project
on Apr 28, 2013 at 9:48:35 am

Hi Rafael
Thanks for your help!:
I gonna try fix my finder. but, do you think if I switch from FCP7 to AVID Symphony on mac pro , I will have problem too?
some of my friends tell me I Should do that.
unfortunately, I hate FCP X!. I think it's like iMovie!. but, if you think EX footages will be good in FCP X 964bit engine) on macpro, I try it.
thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]