FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDV Capture wierd problem.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sohrab Sandhu
HDV Capture wierd problem.
on Apr 24, 2013 at 8:17:43 pm

I am trying to capture HDV 720p30 being played through a Sony HVR M10U. I am using a firewire to connect VTR with the Imac.

Log & capture window seems to be communicating fine but there is no preview in the window, just a black screen. VTR can be controlled through the capture window i.e playing the tape, rewinding it etc. I can see the tapes playing fine on VTR lcd.

I have tried various capture settings including HDV easy setup but no luck. DV tapes capture fine on this same system.

Sohrab

FCS 3 & Adobe PPro
AJA Kona Lhi, Mac Pro 2 X 2.66 Ghz Quad Core
Flanders Scientific LM-1760W

"The creative person wants to be a know-it-all. He wants to know about all kinds of things: ancient history, nineteenth-century mathematics, current manufacturing techniques, flower arranging, and hog futures. Because he never knows when these ideas might come together to form a new idea. It may happen six minutes later or six months, or six years down the road. But he has faith that it will happen." -- Carl Ally

Return to posts index

Ken Maxwell
Re: HDV Capture wierd problem.
on Apr 26, 2013 at 12:34:03 am

I am having the same basic problem, but with a JVC BR-HD50U and powerbook with FCP 6 as well as additional problems. I just had the firewire in the HD50 repaired and have, in the interim, successfully been using a JVC GY-HD100U as a playback deck.
With the repaired HD50 deck installed I also am having a problem with deck/display controls. The Log & Capture window indicates "VTR-OK". But when I click the play button in the Log & Capture window the deck (delayed about 5 sec.) plays with only black in the LC window and with all zeros on the Time Code display. Click stop and deck (also delayed) stops . . . now with all zeros in its TC reader; then a freeze frame of the stopped frame appears in the Log & Capture window. Click on the stop button a second time and the correct TC appears. This action repeats.
By going back to the GY-HD100U as a play deck I now have the same problem as with the HD50.

It seems like a software problem, but I have no experience with anything like this. Certainly could use some help.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]