FORUMS: list search recent posts

Out of Memory error Importing video files into FC 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juan Lopez
Out of Memory error Importing video files into FC 7
on Apr 23, 2013 at 8:04:22 pm

Hello!
I am about to start editing a tv series on FC 7. I have a huge amount of video files (40tb) distributed in 5 hard drives. All files are in Apple Pro Res format. When I try to import files into the browser I get an "Out of Memory" general error message after importing all the files from the first hard drive what prevent me to import anything else.
I don't know if it is problem of Ram or I should introduce other settings for working with so huge amount of video files. I'm working in a Mac Book Pro, 16gb 1600 MHz 2.7ghz Intel Core i7, on Mac OS X 10.8.3
I really appreciate if someone could help me with this issue.

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: Out of Memory error Importing video files into FC 7
on Apr 23, 2013 at 10:34:01 pm

This is quite a common error that pops up pretty regularly. Often it is associated with having stills in a sequence that are larger than 4K or the application or stills cache memory is set too low. Clearly this is not the case here.

I would suggest that you trash your preferences and see if that helps as a first port of call. You may find that solves the issue.

It is not usually a RAM issue. Your MBP is way over the spec needed for FCP, it should breeze though.

Use Digital Rebellions tool http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

If not come back and will think again or others will chip in I am sure.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

8 Core MacPro, Kona 3, Tangent Wave, Mackie Universal Symphony 6.5 FCP7
i7 2.7 Gig MBP (non retina) 16Gigs Ram Blackmagic Monitor Mini Symphony 6.5 FCP7

Return to posts index

Juan Lopez
Re: Out of Memory error Importing video files into FC 7
on Apr 24, 2013 at 5:57:02 pm

Thanks Neil,
I will try with preferences and I'll let you know if it works
Cheers
Juan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]