FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut 7 - Popping noise when I layer audio?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ross Kirby
Final Cut 7 - Popping noise when I layer audio?
on Apr 21, 2013 at 3:10:48 pm

I'm working on a sequence now that has multiple tracks of audio. This includes footsteps, breathing, ambience, and music. They are a mix of aif and wav files. When I play only one of these tracks (with the other tracks muted) the audio is fine. In fact, any combination of tracks played together with one or more tracks muted results in good audio. However, when every track in not muted, I get a popping noise. So the problem doesn't seem to come from any one track. I think it has something to do with a bad render, but I don't know how to fix it. Thanks. Hope the explanation of my problem isn't too confusing.

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
Re: Final Cut 7 - Popping noise when I layer audio?
on Apr 21, 2013 at 5:10:37 pm

Have you tried rendering? Sometimes audio combinations while require it if you mix bit rates and audio formats. It's always the best idea to actually convert everything to the same format. FCP works best with .aif 48k 16bit

Tony Brittan
Island Shore Productions
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Apr 22, 2013 at 2:14:13 am

As Tony notes, make sure all your files are a standard 16bit (or 24bit), 48kHz WAV or aiff file. FCP doesn't play well with mp3's or variants off of the 48kHz standard.

You may try rendering your audio to have it playback smoothly, but make double sure that all your files are indeed setup correctly.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Apr 22, 2013 at 9:48:29 am

You may need to allow more tracks for real time performance.
In the Preferences.
rafa

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]